Thai Foot Massage is a combination of massage techniques applied to the feet and lower legs that originated in Thailand about 2000 years ago. The techniques used have been developed from traditional Thai massage and have elements of Shiatsu, Reflexology, Ayurvedic and Chinese medicines incorporated within them. This treatment is still being taught by Buddhist monks in the temples of Thailand.
It involves hands on massage and stretching to open Thai energy lines (Sen) and improve the energy flow in the body, along with the stimulation of the reflex points with a Thai wooden acupressure stick thus resulting in a general sense of well being as well as feeling revitalised and revived.
Benefits of Thai Foot Massage
- Improved circulation to feet and legs
- Stimulate lymphatic drainage
- Help remove toxins
- Boost immune system
- Reduce stiffness and improve flexibility
- Strengthening of the immune system
- Relief of stress symptoms; (fatigue, anxiety)
- Provides feelings of relaxation, balance and well being
- Enhanced energy levels